Yay and hallelujah! It is officially spring and I choose to exist in that, rather than the reality here in Maine that is suggesting otherwise. Yesterday I opened the windows even though it made things a little cold in the apartment. I bought purple tulips and drove around with the sun roof open. It. Is. Spring.
Last month we put our heads down and worked. We made lots of internal business improvements and are hoping that all this preparation will greatly reduce our stress during wedding season. Im talking about new workflows, new client interaction ideas, reaching out to vendors we are loving from last year, and people we want to work with in the future. It feels good and can only mean one thing, the season of weddings 2014 is swiftly approaching.
- In March we were able to head to Boston and do a styled shoot with some old and new friends.
- We photographed our FIRST engagement session of 2014: Roshan and Karen
- There was a lot of meeting new friends and spending time with our long time friends. I (Bethany) started a Beth Moore Bible Study with some Portland ladies. Anyone ever do the “Breaking Free” study? Im excited about learning and being a part of this with my new community.
- In that same vein, we are finally back to our church in Portland that we attended way back in 2008! I can’t even tell you how good it feels to hear Angel speak (yes his name is Angel). We went for almost 4 years with no church home or family and finally we are back. It absolutely fills my heart with joy.
- Yesterday an old friend from our kayak trip, came down from Port Clyde Maine, to surf with Dan. It was such a blessing to spend the morning catching up with him and hearing his testimony and his story. He also has ties to Maui, though much deeper than ours are yet. He spent 16 years over there and it was so fun to talk about this place that we so deeply want to be a part of one day.
- I guess the theme of March and hopefully for years to come, it pouring ourselves into our friends, and being filled up by them ourselves.
Happy Spring to you all!