This past month we have been in NC, taking a break from everything, catching up with family and friends, and soaking up lots and lots beach vibes.
- Dan and my mom spent an evening baking bread. Look at all those loaves in that first photo you guys!!!!
- Dan’s brother Sam had his exhibit opening for Off Route Journals, which is all about the almost forgotten towns in Eastern NC. Check out the facebook page. We made the opening into a family outing, having BBQ, meeting a new girlfriend in the fam(!) and traipsing around Raleigh.
- Hattie had a follow-up appointment for a check on her bloodwork. She got the all clear, which was a HUGE relief. Dan and I had been on edge for two weeks, not knowing if she was ok or not. Thankfully its just a weird cavalier thing and not something that makes her sick. #giantplatelets
In the OBX
- We had a few visitors at the beach, which was so fun! Our long-time Raleigh friends, Rebekah and Michael, came to the beach and we got to hang out a little bit. Dan climbed Jockey’s Ridge with them in the dark. Good times. We had dinner with them when we were in Raleigh the week before so it was more than we had seen of these two in years!!
- Dan and Kristen came to visit too! They were one of the first Mainers we are friends with who actually made it down here for a hangout session. It was awesome to hang with them and show them one of our favorite places on the whole planet. We went to the Wright Brothers National Park and Pea Island… along with a climb up my favorite lighthouse ever!
- On Easter Sunday we had friends over for Eggs Benedict, homemade!!! It was epic.
- My amazing husband learned the basics of dying hair and we did our first session… going red for me! He’s amazing to me.
We are heading back up to Maine in a week but not before Dan squeezes in a trip to the Mountains with the bros and cousins, AND a mini family trip to Colonial Williamsburg. After that… its officially WEDDING SEASON!