After one full month in our new home in our new state, we are super happy to tell you that we are… super happy! January is actually one of my favorite months so now that it was our first month here, it was one of the best January’s ever! It’s remarkable… so remarkable we remark on it, daily.
We are so happy to be here in Maine.
A few things that happened this past month:
- I finished the Harry Potter Series. I had never read it up to this point and can I say… so precious. Love love loved it, especially you Severus. Always you.
- This past weekend (Feb 1) we shot our 2nd wedding which we are now considering our ACTUAL last wedding of the season. Ha! We photographed a wedding in November, December, January, and now February. Therefore, since we have the next three months with no wedding to photograph, we can really dig into our business and make it better every day, every year, forever and eva! This is one of the most valuable time for us in our business and I am so excited. It’s funny when we hear the classic line, “What do you do now that you aren’t shooting wedding every weekend?” It always makes me smile because I think to myself, “Everything we wanted to do all year but didn’t have time for…which is a lot.”
- Dan’s already talking about a new travel destination he wants to visit soon. I can’t hold that guy back. We just got here and… he wants to head out again. I love him.
- The ocean is our backdoor and I can’t even handle it. Its all I honestly ever wanted.
- Dan has embarked on a “learning to repair” surfboards journey with our friend Matt. It’s taken all month but soon Dan will have 3 surfboards that have come back from the dead! Go Dan!
- We have a lot of June wedding dates that are weirdly open and I hope we fill them! What a great month to get married. That being said, Dan has more plans for travel then if we don’t. #winwin
- Im 30. Its the beginning of a new year. 2014 looks like its shaping up to be the best year yet and that really really feels good.