It’s July already? WHAT?!?!?!? I feel like June was a blink of an eye on the calendar this year. We photographed three weddings in June and will be photographing two this month. After that, its game on with 12 weeks or weddings in a row. I have been practicing my squats to get myself into gear for this string of craziness. Here’s a few other items that we did in June this year:
- We have had three kayakers stay at our house this past two weeks. They all came to teach at Charles River Canoe and Kayak, where Dan works. Dan is in charge of the guiding and instruction there and invited these fine paddlers to come and teach at the shop. First we hosted Cheri and Turner of Kayak Ways. They are the premier Greenland-style paddlers in the whole world. When you talk about specializing in a sport, they are theÂ epitomeÂ of that. It is such a graceful way to kayak, and on top of that, it was the first way of kayaking. Next Ben Lawry came to visit as well. He travels the world over 200 days a year, teach kayaking to young and old. Having all these respected paddlers stay at our home put me back in touch with the world of kayaking, which I felt as if I was out of in a way. It was nice to bring that side of myself out again.
- Living so far away from ourÂ familiesÂ and friends in NC has started to wear on us. This past week TWO sets of peeps confirmed that they are coming to visit us! First my sister Joanna and her husband Jon, (whom you may remember) are headed this way, and then soon after my old college professor (and hero) and his dear wife are coming up to go kayaking with us in Maine. It’s going to be so fun and I literally can’t wait to see them all.
- We went on a business getaway to talk everything business and came out with great goals and changes that we cant wait to share with you.
- I saw the biggest cookie I have ever seen at Eagle’s Deli.
- We got to go to a concert of a band that I have LOVED for eons. You many know that I used to be a total fan girl for years for live music in general. One of the bands that I was obsessed with was mewithoutYou. It had been over 3 years since I last saw them and they came to Rhode Island in June. We got to go and I cried when they sang the first lines of the first song. Once a fan girl, always a fan girl.
Happy summer and have a great time on the Fourth of July!