One of the highest honors you can have as a wedding photographer is to be invited back to photograph the wedding of a sibling in a family you have photographed before. Such is the case with CJ. His sister is Kelsey, whom you can see here and here. When CJ and Kim got engaged and asked us to photograph their wedding, we were elated. Truly.
Their wedding day was the day after Hurricane Dorian passed over Cape Cod. The night prior was windy and dark and cold and stormy and everything you don’t really want your wedding to be. The morning of though was GORGEOUS! What a relief.
A few things I loved about Kim and CJ’s wedding are as follows:
- The Weather, always easier to appreciate after a storm
- That we did the family and wedding party photos by the water
- A live painter for the couples first dance
- The Father/Daughter dance, which transformed into an Irish Step Dance, which then evolved into a professional Irish Step dancing performance. —— in.cred.i.ble!
- Jumping on to a dock with Kim and CJ during the portraits after the tide had come up so far that the only way on was a leap of faith
The most important thing though, and always will be, that they are such kind human beings, which is forever my favorite element of a wedding day to photograph.
Venue: Chatham Bars Inn | Ceremony: Holy Redeemer Church
Coordinator: Fine Affairs Inc. | Ceremony and Cocktail Hour Music: The Running Mates
Reception Band: Eye 2 Eye | Dress: Sottero and Midgley
Live Painter: Vesna Langton
See Kim and CJ’s engagement session here!